Tuesday 19 April 2016

Costa Rican Raptors

As previously mentioned both Black & Turkey vultures were in constant sight over the hotel. Walking along the beach the black vultures was their to mop up any rubbish that anyone had left behind.












A pair of Crested Caracara's seen daily were also muscling on in the act.














I got lucky one morning when I found a pair of Plumbeous kites moving north high over the hotel.















Common black-hawk were fairly regular, and I was treated to a flyover juv Great black-hawk.







Had two King Vultures late one evening.  Apparently a scarce bird to see over the lowlands.








Osprey was seen on two days along the beach.










This Roadside Hawk showed well just metres away, and was unfazed by my presence.


















Gray Hawk were seen fairly regularly too.










Collard Forest-Falcon - Glimpsed this bird distantly through the forest on week one and bizarrely one appeared over my shoulder and landed just metres away whilst I was pishing out some vireo's!













No comments:

Post a Comment